Software testing is a process of executing a program or application with the intent of findinf the software bugs.
Software testing is a method of assessing the functionality of a software program. There are many different types of software testing but the two main categories are dynamic testing and static testing.
Dynamic testing is an assessment that is conducted while the program is executed; static testing, on the other hand, is an examination of the program's and associated documentation. Dynamic and static methods are often used together.
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) :
- Water Fall Model
- Spiral Model
- Prototype Model
- Hybrid Model
- Agile (Scrum, XP).
White Box Testing
- Loop Testing
- Path Testing
- Condition testing
- Memory Testing
- Performance Testing
Black Box Testing
- Functional Testing
- Integration Testing ( Incremental Integration Testing ) : Top Down Incremental Integration Testing ,Bottom Up Incremental Integration Testing & Non Incremental Integration Testing )
- System Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Smoke Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Adhoc Testing
- Performance Testing ( Load Testing , Stress Testing , Volume Testing, Soak Testing )
- Globalization Testing (I18N,L10N)
- Compatibility Testing
- Regression Testing ( Unit Regression Testing/Retest, Regional Regression Testing, Full Regression Testing )
- Test Case Design Techniques (Error Guessing , Equivalence Partitioning , Boundary Value Analysis, Real Practice In The Industry )
- Test Case (Characteristics Of Good Test Case ,Test Case Template , How To Write A Test Case/How To Ensure The Test Coverage Is Good , How To Identify whether It Is a Good Test Case Or Not , Review Process/Peer Review , Preparing Review Report , Examples On Writing Test Cases )
- Software Test Life Cycle (Writing Test Plan, Preparing Traceability Matrix, Writing Test Execution Report/Summary Report, Retrospect Meeting /Triage Meetings), Defect Life Cycle (Difference between Bug, Defect, Failure, Error. Bugzilla (Defect Tracking Tool)
- Preparing bug report using defect tracking tool, Checking for duplicate defects, Test Link (Introduction to Test Link tool, How to manage test cases using test link tool). Analyses Complexity Of The Code. How To Install (Web Application, Client Server Application, Stand Alone Application )